Monday, February 26, 2007

Radcliffe back in training, aiming for World C’ships

One of the greatest female athlets of all time is backing to the road...

LONDON: World marathon record holder Paula Radcliffe is back in training, just two months after giving birth, and planning to compete at the World Championships in August.

Radcliffe, her husband and coach Gary Lough and daughter Isla, who was born Jan. 17, relocated to Boulder, Colorado this week for a training camp. Radcliffe said a June comeback was still planned most likely a road race and she would also run either the marathon or 10,000 meters at the August 25-September 2 World Championships in Osaka, Japan. “I’ll be in Boulder until the end of April, building up my training,” Radcliffe was quoted as saying in The Daily Telegraph on Saturday. “Recent tests I had done at Loughborough University showed that I was close to normal fitness. If things go well, I hope I will be racing again in June. I will definitely be OK for Osaka.”

No comments: