Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aptonia CW700 - first

These are the first impressions after my first training with my new heart rate monitor Aptonia CW700. This is a HRM of Decathlon. The setup is very easy: it's possible to configure a lot of parameters about myself like min and max pulse or age, weight, etc. With both ways the watch stores the maximum recomended pulse of the person, and for further uses the monitor displays the result in beats per minute in big numbers and in percent of the maximum rate in smaller digits. The comunication between the chest belt and the watch is good and quickly the watch starts to give real heart pulse.
The functions of the chronometer are good for this type of watch. It is possible to memorize 20 laps, as intermediate time count and the main time continues counting in the background. The watch have 4 bank of memory to store 4 runs data: 20 laps times, and all other data per memory bank. Each bank could be read after the run at the end of the day in a separate watch mode, the Chrono Data mode.
For now just a problem: sometimes the watch give me a anormal peak of my heart rate. I think this is because my chest belt is not tight enought and the sensor loses and reconnect again and this cause the anormal peaks. For next run I will check this...

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: