Friday, September 29, 2006

Target Heart Rate (THR)

Target heart rate is the rate intervals to each person to do each kind of training. The defenition from wikipedia is:
Target Heart Rate (THR), or Training Heart Rate, is a desired range of heart rate reached during aerobic exercise which enables one's heart and lungs to receive the most benefit from a workout. This theoretical range varies based on one's physical condition, age, and previous training.
I use the this target zone calculator to find mine:
The formula about this calculator is just to find the maximum heart rate. You need to input the rest rate, the age, and male/female. The calculator founds the maximum rate and calculate the rate (in beats per minute) for each training target zone, using the follow mapping:

  • Healthy Heart (40-52%)
  • Easy (52-64%)
  • Aerobic (64-76%)
  • Anaerobic Threshold (76-88%)
  • VO2 Max (88-100%)

My maximum heart rate is 192, so my aerobic run is 138-156 and my anaerobic target zone is between 156-174. So I use to run the second half of my trainings in the anaerobic zone. I have to do more time a long run at weekends all the time in the aerobic pace.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: